Douglass Community Pledge
For Peace, Love and Purpose
At Douglass we are committed to a world where Peace, Love and Purpose replace hatred, exploitation, and violence. Now is the time to create technology for: Peace, Love and Purpose in order to bring about a new Modern Future of Joy and Abundance for all.
The Douglass Community Pledge
- I recognize the humanity of the multitudes that are oppressed, persecuted, incarcerated, and in struggle.
- I declare that violence, poverty, racism, sexism, incarceration, surveillance, militarism and environmental destruction cannot persist.
- I recognize that reparations and atonement are part of a needed community healing process.
- I recognize that Housing, Food, Health Care and Education are Human Rights that will be provide to all.
- I pursue a world of Peace, Love, Purpose and abundance for all.
- I make change through nonviolence and radical love for all and for our sacred planet.
- I commit to the inspired change needed to create a more humanely just and coherent future.
- I commit to becoming aware of those forces that seek to undermine the Beloved Community.
- Whenever possible I will use (and create) technology that is aligned with Peace, Love and Purpose.